Fear & Forgiveness  

Posted by Tami in , ,

After a hiatus (at first for good reason- too busy and this blog can't dictate how I spend my time, and then for bad reasons- missed quiet times) I am returning.  I am nixing the Day X titles for posts because I get too caught up in how many days it's been as opposed to just living for Jesus and sharing what He's teaching me.


Today was good, though:

Psalm 130:3&4

3 If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,


O Lord, who could stand?

4 But with you there is forgiveness,

that you may be feared.

I can't get over that.  If the Lord marked my iniquities I could never lift my eyes, let alone my head or the rest of my body.  Yet God forgives me, that I may fear Him.  Fear of the Lord so often sounds like a dirty word, scary, because it must imply somthing bad.  How often do we fear good things?  Yet this word to me is a gentle nudge to tell me that God wants to be feared in His entirety- even for His goodness.  This fear is not one that hides me in the corner, trembling for fear of punishment.  Rather, it's a fear of respect, that I would honor God in His compassion and mercy and not try to take advantage of a system where I am forgiven my sins.  Godly fear brings obedience and life.  I cling to this word, that God forgives me that I will respect, honor, and love Him in His goodness.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at Wednesday, August 27, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment