Day 1  

Posted by Tami in ,

Hosea 6:1-3 

1 "Come, let us return to the Lord;
for he has torn us, that he may heal us;
he has struck us down, and he will bind us up.
After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will raise us up,
that we may live before him.
Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord;
his going out is sure as the dawn;
he will come to us as the showers,
as the spring rains that water the earth.”


I'm so grateful to the Lord that when He breaks me and brings me to the place of repentance Ha also restores me.  I was dead in my transgressions; my idol worship left me utterly empty.  Yet God met with me face to face last night, and today He spoke to me through His word, breathing life back into me.

I love the lines from verse 1:

Come, let us return to the Lord;
for he has torn us, that he may heal us;
he has struck us down, and he will bind us up.


That is just so beautiful; I ran from God into my sin, and He tore me apart in order to tear me away; He struck me down so I couldn't stand on the shifting sand of idol worship.  Now, He is being faithful to heal me and to bandage my wounds.  He gets all of the glory and I get to know Him more; I am in awe of His goodness.

My prayer is that I will adhere to the heed in verse three, that I will "press on to know the Lord".

This entry was posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 at Monday, August 18, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I have to say that as I read this, the rain began to beat down on the trees and I could hear it through the window. It is so refreshing to hear over and over in the Bible how we fail, yet God lifts us back up into His arms. I think the Old Testament shows this point so clearly, especially in books like Kings 1 and 2.

I also love this section from Habakkuk:

14 With his own spear you pierced his head
when his warriors stormed out to scatter us,
gloating as though about to devour
the wretched who were in hiding.

15 You trampled the sea with your horses,
churning the great waters.

16 I heard and my heart pounded,
my lips quivered at the sound;
decay crept into my bones,
and my legs trembled.
Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity
to come on the nation invading us.

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.


I think it really shows how awesome God is and how He is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever imagine. In addition to his grace (my amplified bible calls this "unmerited favor" which I love"), but He shows His mercy on us by allowing us the time to come back to Him. I highly recommend Habakkuk. ;)

August 20, 2008 at 11:13 PM

That is beautiful. I'm in Joel now so Habakkuk isn't so far away! And I love the phrase "unmerited favor" in lieu of grace. Thank you for sharing!

August 22, 2008 at 3:54 PM

Post a Comment